- Contact Us
Taxes have been filed and many individuals, as well as companies added charitable contributions to their tax filing. If your company didn't contribute this year, here is a list of the top 7 charities that could benefit for monetary or volunteer donations. It's a great way to boost morale and employee engagement and provide service to your local community.
1. Habitat for Humanity: "Habitat for Humanity is a global nonprofit housing organization working in nearly 1,400 communities across the United States and in approximately 70 countries around the world. Habitat’s vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat works toward our vision by building strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with people and families in need of a decent and affordable home." You can donate on the website or set-up volunteer shifts with your local chapter.
2. United Way: United Way is focused on creating community-based and community-led solutions that strengthen the cornerstones for a good quality of life: education, financial stability and health. Here is a list of ways to donate.
3. The Humane Society: Can't forget our furry friends! The Humane Society of the United States is the nation’s largest and most effective animal protection organization. They provide hands-on care and services to more than 100,000 animals each year, and professionalize the field through education and training for local organizations.
4. American Cancer Society: The American Cancer Society is on a mission to free the world from cancer. They also fund and conduct research, share expert information, support patients, and spread the word about prevention.
5. The Sierra Club Foundation: The Sierra Club Foundation is the fiscal sponsor of the charitable programs of the Sierra Club, a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization. They provide charitable grants to the Sierra Club and other nonprofit organizations to support scientific, educational, literary, organizing, advocacy, and legal programs to protect and improve the natural and human environment.
6. Make a Wish America: Tens of thousands of volunteers, donors and supporters advance the Make-A-Wish vision to grant the wish of every child diagnosed with a critical illness. From trips to Disneyland to throwing the first pitch at a major league game, companies can donate money or services to support the wishes of deserving children.
7. Boys & Girls Clubs of America: BGCA's mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need it most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. Clubs provide a variety of programs for children, from mentor-ships and tutoring to sports and even career development.